Things I Love About Summer
- I can catch up on my reading, since I only get to read during my commute while I'm in school.
- No freaking out over assignments I put off until the last minute.
- No deadlines.
- I don't have to carry a bag that weighs more than I do.
- My main priority is having fun.
- People generally seem happier during the summer
- Those cute little cartoons of a smiling sun posted on signs and things.
- Light clothing! Farewell winter jackets.
- A true sensation of freedom coarsing through my veins, without feeling like there's something I absolutely have to do.
- Beach, bikini and ice cream!
- I get to hang out with my friends a LOT more!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Driving at sunset. We had set out with the intention of going for dinner, Kevin and I, but WOAH DADDY we stumbled upon a grassy park with this beautiful view instead. I nearly ripped the steering wheel out of his hands and screeched the car into a parking spot myself. But it was like he read my mind because before I knew it, we were out of the car, climbing over the gate, and strolling across the park to the waterfront. My days are packed with going to school and work in the city, so it was refreshing to have a mini-getaway in such a wonderful oasis. And I couldn't have asked for better company. This is definitely a spot I'll be visiting again.
Friday, June 4, 2010
You know how the way we view ourselves is sometimes different from the way other people see us? This is how I saw myself at 2 in the morning, when my mind was clouded with exhaustion and frustration. Aren't I quite the looker?